Friday 7 April 2017

More Journaling

Today I've been carrying on with my work in the journal, the last bit I did before this was the censored naked people paralleled with the classic nude statues. I thought a good place to carry on from this would be to paint the shapes I censored the images with as this also reminds me of all the shapes and sizes of people fitting in around each other that I talked about at the beginning of the book.



after this I simply did a magnified section of this to try and get a good background texture


Which then got me onto thinking about why we censor peoples genitals in the media and why some things are censored when others aren't such as the censoring of women's nipples but not mens on Instagram. This led to the next few paintings which mainly feature male and female nudes which were massively fun to paint free hand. I really like the style these have ended up being done in. I don't know how but suddenly this journal has turned more into a conversation about why people find nipples (particularly female) so offensive that they need to be censored, which is slightly off my original topic but I think links quite well to the discussion of offence and its different forms. This is just something that I maybe find a bit more relatable on a personal level and interesting to discuss.





No comments:

Post a Comment